Faculty Office Ext.
Dr. Mohamed received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. Degrees in Aerospace Engineering in 2010 and 2015, respectively, with a grade of distinction with honors. He received his Ph.D. degree from the same department in September 2018.
He visited the Fulbright Ph.D. student at Duke University, North Carolina, USA for one academic year (2017/2018) as part of his Ph.D. research. Dr. Kasem was an Assistant Professor, founder, and director of the advanced materials and structures laboratory, Aerospace Engineering Department, at Cairo University. Now, he is an assistant professor at Nile University, Egypt.
Dr. Kasem has a keen interest in the field of aero-structural analysis and design. He is an expert in Aerospace Structures with 10+ years of experience leading research and teaching courses. He is a talented professional with an extensive background in Finite Element Modeling. He has twenty-two publications in the field including seven journal articles, twelve conference proceedings, two-book chapters, and a book. His areas of interest include Aeroelasticity, Finite Element Analysis, Composite Structures, Design Optimization, Renewable Energy, and Engineering Mathematics.
- School of Engineering, Cairo University Award for best Ph.D. Dissertation "Cairo University, February 2021".
- Cairo University Awards for International Publications "Cairo University, 2015-2019".
- The FULBRIGHT/AMIDEAST award for achieving the fellowship at Duke University "Fulbright/Amideast, 2015-2019".
- The graduation project was awarded the title of Best Project in Mechanics from Egyptian Engineering Day (EED), Samsung Real Dreams Award (SRDA), and Young Innovation Award (YIA), July 2010.
- Ideal student "Aerospace Engineering Department, July 2010".
- Award for being the second in class" Outstanding student, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University "Aerospace Engineering Department, 2010".
- Dean’s list "Cairo University, 2006-2010".
- Finite Element Analysis
- Composite Structures
- Design Optimization
- Renewable Energy
- Engineering Mathematics