To be a world-class inspirational institution with significant public benefit
Integrity: Our non-negotiable choice is to consistently act morally, ethically and legally; to be truthful and honest in observing the highest academic and professional standards; and to respect and honor the dignity of each member of our community.
- Lifelong Learning: We institutionally commit to, and encourage all members of our community to commit to, the continual seeking of knowledge in ways that improve our abilities and impact our lives as individuals and our communities at large.
- Excellence: We seek to achieve an elevated performance status in all our endeavors as individuals and as an institution, working towards becoming leaders in higher education with a community-impact mission.
- Inclusiveness: We are committed to creating an environment that embraces all forms of diversity, people, ideas, and perspectives and values its necessity to ensure a vibrant learning environment. We are also committed to ensuring that everyone feels safe, supported, and welcomed within our community. Our faculty, staff and students are encouraged and expected to engage in activities that enable a healthy environment of inclusiveness.
- Agility: As an institution, we are committed to facing changes within our community as well as the communities we serve with flexibility, adapting to the changes in their needs with speed and effectiveness.
- Entrepreneurship: We are committed to promoting entrepreneurship awareness by embedding formalized teachings that inform, train and educate our learners within all NU curricula offerings. Entrepreneurial behavior as an institution is also a character well-observed at NU.
- Citizenship: All NU community members are expected to act responsibly and be loyal citizens of the university, the country, and the global community. Each member of the community works toward the betterment of the community we serve and the world through the responsible performance of duties and exercising rights.
- Ownership: Each member of NU community is taking the initiative to bring about positive results. At NU, ownership means not waiting for others to act and caring about the outcome as much as an owner of an enterprise would. It also entails that the individual is being accountable for the results of his/her actions - that they are of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner.