NU New President: Prof. Wael Akl
With great pleasure, Nile University is welcoming its new President, Prof. Wael Akl, a man with an exceptional and prominent ideology and vision.
Here are some of Prof. Wael's personal and academic achievements:
- He graduated from the Mechanical Engineering Department – Ain Shams University in 1995 and got his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Maryland - College Park in 2004.
- He joined Ain Shams University as an Assistant Professor in 2006, and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2011, and lastly, a Full Professor in 2016.
- In 2008, he joined Nile University to establish the Mechanical and Mechatronics track, focusing on research, industry engagement, and postgraduate and undergraduate studies.
- In 2009, he received National Encouragement Award from the Academy for Scientific Research and Technology.
- He developed the Mechanical Engineering undergraduate program in 2012, followed by an international Master's Degree in Mechatronics in 2014 as a joint degree in partnership with 3 European universities in Germany, France, and Spain.
- In 2013, he established the first internationally certified Mechatronics Center in Egypt and Africa (FESTO Authorized and Certified Training Center), which has become a landmark for engineering education at Nile University.
- In 2016, he was appointed as a consultant to the President of the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Egypt.
- In 2017, he got appointed as the Dean of the School of Engineering at Nile University, leading the school to new horizons, upgrading its bylaws, and launching two new programs.
- In 2019, he was appointed as the Provost of Nile University, restructuring its academic system, introducing the school of biotechnology, and cooperating with the school deans to expand and develop new educational programs and upgrade existing ones.
We are looking forward to this new chapter, which will positively impact Nile University under his leadership and guidance.