The Introductory Lecture on the School of Engineering and Engineering Studies in General by Prof. Dr. Amr Safwat
The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Nile University, lead by its dean, Dr. Amr Safwat, decided to hold an introductory lecture about the school of engineering and engineering studies in general for all high school students who wish to study engineering at any university in Egypt. The lecture is delivered by Prof. Dr. Amr Safwat, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Nile University.
The lecture is meant to answer all inquiries in terms of the following:
- What are the basic terms for engineering education?
- What does credit hour mean?
- What is the difference between a frame of reference and a curriculum?
- How to correctly read the curriculum?
- What is the importance of the academic advisor and ways to develop a balanced study plan?
- What is the difference between majors and minors?
- What are the basic requirements for graduation, the importance of choosing a graduation project, and what is the minimum time for graduation?
- What are the most important competencies related to joining international companies or the academic field?
- What is the difference between optional, compulsory, and compulsory practical training?