1) English placement is based on achieving a cut-off score both total and writing in IBT, IELTS, and ITP.
2) The placement is determined based on the lower of the two scores.
*There are no retakes for the Oxford Exam
N.B for Postgraduates:
Cut off scores of the English proficiency test for Management of Technology applicants as of Fall 2021/22 for the Ph.D. applicants (this will be applied also once an M.Sc. applicant applies for the Ph.D. degree after he/she has been granted the M.Sc. degree) are as follows:
- iBT TOEFL 94 and above, with 27 and above for writing,
- or IELTS 7.50 and above, with 7.00 and above for writing.
As for the cut off scores of the English proficiency test for MOT M.Sc. applicants as of Fall 2021/22, it will be as follows:
- iBT TOEFL 79.00 and above, with 24 and above for writing,
- or IELTS 6.50 and above, with 6.50 and above for writing.