Faculty Office Ext.
Mahmoud graduated with a computational biology background in 2017 from Zewail City. During his undergraduate and postgraduate master’s, he was granted full scholarships. On the undergraduate level at Zewail City, he managed to be one of the 250 selected students out of 7000 applicants who were admitted in 2013. While at Nile University, he managed to get a graduate fellowship to work as a research assistant at the center of informatics sciences (CIS). His research now focuses on Population Genomics where he is working on finding the possible population-specific variation related to Diabetes, Hypertension, Obesity and Hyperlipidaemia. The main focus of this research is to find the distance relationship between the Egyptian population and others worldwide.
- 1) 1 journal published paper: Amin, M., Mohamed, Z., El-Sayed, M. et al. Combined QM/MM and Monte Carlo study for redox leveling in Mn and Fe superoxide dismutase. J Biol Inorg Chem 23, 285–293 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00775-017-1530-8.
- Research Fellowship: Graduate research fellowship to study M.S. in informatics at Nile University, 2021.
- Certificate of appreciation: Recognition of the outstanding achievements in the field of Scientific Research from Zewail City of Science and Technology, 2018.
- Coca-Cola Business Internship: Kelly School of Business internship for the best entrepreneurial idea, 2016.
- Best Presentation Skills: Science Operation Leaders in Egypt (SOLE), 2015.
- Merit Scholarship: Bachelor’s degree study at Zewail City of Science and Technology, 2013.
- Participated in “Become” marketing and culture exchange program with “AIESEC” Organization, Romania, 2016.
- Participated in a community service charity program with "Resala" focusing on teaching elementary school subjects to orphans, 2015.
- Started the local committee for "ENACTUS Zewail City" in which we as a team helped to transfer the lives of thousands of people by providing entrepreneurial solutions from their environment. (2014-2016)