Smart Engineering Systems Research Center (SESC)
To be the foremost nationally and internationally innovation-oriented research and development center synergizing industrial, mechatronics and thermo-fluids sciences and engineering for the development of novel research and solutions.
- Bridging between original research, industrial challenges, and governmental policies for better implementation of engineering solutions.
- Realizing new ideas, concepts, processes, methods, algorithms, devices, phenomena, and/or technologies.
- Achievements are manifested as patents, international publications, and societal impact.
1- Mechatronics Track:
- Process Control
- Control Theory and Applications
- Robust Control
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning applications
- Bio-Mechatronics – Rehabilitation – Assistive Device
2- Industrial and Manufacturing Track
- Productivity improvement in manufacturing and service industries
- Modeling, optimization and simulation of systems for decision support
- Quality system management
- Work measurement and analysis, ergonomics assessment in industrial facilities
- Green Energy assessment for industrial facilities
- Sustainable waste management practices
- Advancement in new materials and nanoscale fabrication
- Organic solar cells
3- Thermo-fluids Track:
- Renewable energy systems
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Constitutive theory
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Wind energy