Online Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine Diploma and Master’s Program
OPPM is a two-year postgraduate academic program. The ﬁrst year is a diploma that consists of eight courses with two modules and the second year is optional and leads to a master’s degree. This program is designed to be online for wider geographical accessibility and hosts e-labs to simulate real-life experiments.
Achieving regional and global excellence in the ﬁeld of personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics.
Implementation of the Diploma/Master Program(s) in Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine will provide the local and regional communities with efﬁcient healthcare practitioners (pharmacists) who are able to apply pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine. This will have an impact on the development of the therapeutic and healthcare systems, in addition to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and implement the ﬁrst world-class pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine program in Egypt.
- Train and qualify pharmacists, scientists and healthcare providers to apply principles of pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine in biomedical research and clinical practice.
- Raise awareness on the importance and the impact of clinical genetic testing and personalized medicine in the academic and clinical circles.
- Increase the research activity and output in the ﬁeld pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine, which would raise Alexandria University’s international rank.
- Develop the clinical system at the local and regional scales by training and educating competent pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine practitioners.
- Create novel and innovative career paths for graduates at the regional and international levels.
- Keep up with the latest international developments in the ﬁeld of personalized medicine.