Senior Application Support Specialist
- Consult with users and management to conduct information assessments to determine user needs and search for appropriate solutions to meet business requirements.
- Install, configure, test, document, administrate, maintain, integrate, and support different enterprise systems at Nile University including but not limited to Student information system (SIS), Learning management system (LMS), ERP system, Correspondence management system (CMS), Digital archiving system, HR system.
- Identify and set the configuration items for different systems and verify their completeness & correctness.
- Manage the ability to continue providing a pre-determined & agreed level of IT services.
- Provide application support to clients and colleagues in other departments whether through phone calls, emails, ticketing systems, or face-to-face enquiries.
- Develop and document operational procedures and users’ manuals and conduct trainings for end users.
- Manage change requests & determine the need to perform a system change whenever needed through standard procedures.
- Identifying opportunities that can improve the efficiency of the business and technical processes
- Recommend and ensure the standard implementation of policies, procedures, and operations with support personnel for different services and ensure their consistency with Nile University policies.
- Conduct minor development and database tasks.
- Communicate with external vendors for maintenance and support requests.
- Works under general direction from senior management and provide different reports.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- At least five years of experience in relevant field in well-known and large-scale organizations that support at least 1,500 users.
- ITIL knowledge is a plus.
- Expert in enterprise systems including but not limited to Student information system (SIS), Learning management system (LMS), Correspondence management system (CMS), Digital archiving system, ERP system, HR system.
- Demonstrable experience as an application support engineer in a related field.
- Expert in using and administrating networking related protocols and services, including but limited to TCP, UDP, ICMP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP and HTTPS.
- Proficient in using Local Area Networks, Metropolitan Area Networks and Wide Area Networks connectivity.
- Expert in using different remote access applications.
- Ability to understand new software packages or hardware equipment & fast enough to learn new technologies.
- Creative skills to identify and define user enterprise needs and turn them into workable plans and automate processes.
- High internet searching capabilities.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with colleagues and clients either verbally or in writing.
- Good command of English.
- Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
- Capable of writing proposals or reports, documenting procedures, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management.
- Work under general supervision.
- Proactive with strong self-management skills to juggle multiple tasks and priorities within the constraints of timelines and budgets.