An agreement is signed by academic leadership of four universities; American University in Cairo (AUC), Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST), Nile University (NU) and Zewail City for Science and Technology (ZCST). The agreement aims the establishment of a Coalition of University Research Excellence in Egypt (CUREE) by the four non-for-profit Egyptian universities who have clear research focus.
The goals of the coalition are:
- To strengthen research output through the activation of synergies among research groups and to build the capacity and the critical mass to be able to tackle major research endeavors through national and international funding addressing global and local research challenges and priorities.
- Building up a community of researchers.
- Strengthen research outputs through collaborative projects
- Develop Joint programs for graduate students to serve sustainability, increasing number of researchers and developing more opportunities for funding
- Share experiences e.g. TTO, OSP, Intellectual Property.
- To avail research facilities of the coalition member universities to all under a shared access agreement.
Achieving this goal will be done through several strategies. The Coalition will start with:
- Encouraging Joint research initiatives through calls for proposals in the four universities
- Offering different incentives will be offered by the universities for collaborative research with one or more university in the CUREE coalition.
- Applying for external grants as a syndication.
More strategies will be announced in due time
For more information, please contact your corresponding university via the following emails