The University Chief Academic Officer “Provost"
The Provost is the Chief Academic Officer of the University and reports directly to the President. The Provost is a supporter of all academic programs, providing leadership to faculty and academic staff to ensure consistent quality standards in curricula and programs that meet the needs of students. The Provost oversees the academic integrity of the university and provides leadership in short and long-range planning, curricula, and program development. The Provost ensures compliance with various accreditation agencies as well as state accreditation and regulations. As Chief Academic Officer, the Provost works with deans of schools and other key stakeholders to create a unified vision for the University and advance its aspirational goals as well as promote a collaborative learning culture that Nile University is known for. The Provost serves as Chief Administrative Officer for the University in the absence of the President.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Provost at Nile University will:
- Provide leadership in matters of academic policy and administration and regularly advise the President on these matters.
- Provide leadership and direction for procedures for strategic planning and institutional effectiveness
- Lead efforts to oversee student outcomes assessments, programs’ reviews, as well as university and programmatic accreditation processes
- Lead multi-disciplinary schools and represent them effectively to community, educational, business and non-profit entities both nationally and internationally.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all units within the University to provide an environment that encourages the academic development of its students and their engagement.
- Enhance the viability of faculty through professional development opportunities
- Support enrollment management initiatives and innovations in programs and methods of delivery that respond in a timely manner to a rapidly changing needs and environment
- Lead and direct Deans to meet/exceed enrollment targets, retentions rates, and graduation rates for all schools, and to ensure that mission driven academic and co-curricular objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate out-of-classroom learning, learning environments, and support services for students to create a dynamic living-learning experience emphasizing critical thinking and mission-focused leadership skills development.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the President.
- Encourage the share of knowledge and experiences of the faculty pool of the university among different programs and research centers.
Applicants for the Provost Position:
- Must have been granted the academic rank of ‘Professor’.
- Must have experience in faculty/employee recruitment, retention, promotion and tenure decisions and financial and budgetary management.
- Should have demonstrated commitment to shared governance and strong working relationships with faculty.
- Should possess a collaborative, consultative, and facilitative leadership style appropriate for working across boundaries with the ability to work collaboratively with all university constituencies.
- Should demonstrate commitment to academic excellence, innovation, entrepreneurship and engaged community scholarship.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills both in English and in Arabic.
- Must have a proven track record in organization and strategic planning skills.
- Expert with existing Egyptian accreditation systems and program development criteria. Familiar with other international accreditation systems.
- The successful applicant is expected to assume his/her post as of the start of the Spring Semester of 2023 (February 2023).
Applicants are required to submit the following documents by November 20th, 2022 to: Provost_pos@nu.edu.eg
- A detailed CV highlighting experience as per outlined requirements.
- A statement detailing their vision for NU and their leadership style.
- Names and contact information (email address is a must) of three references.