Teaching Assistant - Construction Management/Environmental Engineering
Teaching Assistants perform many leadership, organizational and classroom management tasks to support both Teachers and students. Their duties include leading lessons or small group activities for students, grading student assignments in accordance with the Teachers grading criteria and providing individual guidance to students with learning disabilities or behavioral challenges.
- Carry on assigned teaching responsibilities.
- Provide needed students support (advising, office hours, …).
- Carry on assigned research activities (simulation, code development).
- Writing and submitting reports, papers, and thesis.
- Attend and lead the assigned courses’ tutorials, labs, and other course supporting activities.
- Carry out necessary activities to prepare tutorials, including but not limited to preparation of exercise sheets and model answers.
- Carry out administrative tasks requested by the school dean or the program director.
- Tracking attendance, grading assignments and calculating grades
- Giving extra help to students who need special accommodations or are struggling with a concept.
- Applicants should have a BSc in Civil Engineering.
- Applicants must possess a demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate-level courses.
- Have a good profile in teaching courses in specializations of construction management, waste management, environmental engineering, water and wastewater engineering, fluids, and hydraulics.
- Can teach other general courses in Civil Engineering. • English proficiency (written and spoken).
- Applicant must be familiar with academic quality systems and digital educational platforms.
- Applicant must have a decent track record of research publications.
Please send your updated CV with the job title ( Teaching Assistant - Construction Management/Environmental Engineering) in the subject.