Senior Procurement Officer
A Procurement officer, or Purchasing Specialist, acquires a university’s various supplies. Their main duties include locating key suppliers, negotiating the company’s purchasing agreements and making sure their materials and products meet the company’s specifications.
• Purchase goods or services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the university.
• Evaluating and negotiating contracts with vendors.
• Track inventory and restock goods when needed.
• Stay up to date on industry trends and new products.
• Responsible for appropriate supplier selection/bidding processes for selected purchase requests, and supplier.
• Performing all procurement activities including pre-qualification, negotiating supplier agreements, preparation of contracts and tender management.
• Undertake the role of Tender Board Secretary including preparation of documentation and correspondence and liaising according to process.
• Provide support with resolving procure to pay queries from team members and internal stakeholders that require an end to end understanding of the procure to pay functions especially after tender or contract award to assist business units to finalize through to purchase order.
• Responsible for managing projects to improve procurement processes.
• Responsible for supplier communication to resolve transactional issues.
• Responsible for resolving invoice price and terms discrepancies to enable order processing.
Education, Professional Knowledge & Experience
• Degree in accounting, business management or similar field
• 3-5 years of relevant experience required
Behavioral and Leadership Profile
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Solid time management
• Good analytical skills
• High follow up-oriented behavior
Excellent command of English & Arabic
• Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and skills