Senior Network Administrator
Responsible for the installation, configuring, operating, monitoring, and management of all network components, besides providing technical support for the university network services, including but not limited to LAN, WLAN, Internet connectivity, VOIP, VPN and security systems.
- Implement, configure, administrate, and maintain network infrastructure equipment including routers, switches, wireless service module, VOIP system, load balancers, VPN, and network security systems. Besides providing connectivity for NU users and hosted services over LAN/WLAN.
- Monitor the performance of the core routing and switching systems, besides managing the VLAN configuration for its proper function.
- Manage the call manager system for the best performance and monitor its usage, besides configuring and installing IP phones for different users.
- Define, apply, and monitor security policies on different security systems (e.g., Fortinet appliances, firewalls, IPS etc.) and ensure their consistency with the business needs.
- Install and configure wireless network equipment.
- Monitor the internet bandwidth utilization.
- Manage and monitor VPN configurations and access permissions for different users.
- Manage the logs of different network infrastructure systems.
- Perform service evaluation for different network services.
- Plan and control the network infrastructure changes and monitor their impact on different users and hosted services.
- Troubleshoot, analysis and support different network and security issues.
- Communicate with different internal users and external vendors whenever required to complete work duties.
- Support users in all offered services.
- Provide different and regular reports for the higher management.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or computer science or a related field.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in relevant field in well-known and large-scale organizations that support at least 1,500 users.
- CCNA is required.
- CCNP, CCDP are a plus.
- ITIL knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum two years of experience in managing network infrastructure systems (LAN configuration, WAN configuration, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless controllers, and Cisco Call managers).
- Expert in network administration and architecture.
- Expert in Cisco and Fortinet network equipment and technologies.
- Solid understanding of the operating systems of different network devices.
- Expert in network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g., Cisco prime, Solar winds, etc.).
- Expert in access control models and network security
- Creative skills to identify and define user enterprise needs and turn them into workable plans and automate processes.
- High internet searching capabilities.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with colleagues and clients either verbally or in writing.
- Good command of English.
- Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
- Capable of writing proposals or reports, documenting procedures, acting as a vendor liaison, making
- presentations to client audiences or professional peers and working closely with upper management.
- Work under general supervision.
- Proactive with strong self-management skills to juggle multiple tasks and priorities within the constraints of timelines and budgets.