Skip to main content
- Preparation of workshop apparatus/equipment and materials as required, advising and assisting in the preparation and trialing of practicals and examinations, and keeping confidentiality where necessary.
- collect and replace equipment and materials after use and clean when necessary.
- To check and maintain equipment is in good working order and, where possible, repair of apparatus.
- Supervise students while working with the engineering equipment. To support, guide, and supervise groups of students with their planned learning activities.
- To work with the teachers to develop lessons, work plans, and the classroom environment.
- To support student achievement by providing constructive feedback to students on their work measured against the learning outcomes.
- To be proactive in managing behavior, promoting self-control, independence, and integration of the students.
- To assist with the ordering & storage of equipment, stock, and stationery.
- Organizing the stock-taking of all equipment, with relevant risk assessments, and using storage and disposal arrangements as required.
- Safe disposal of restricted waste materials.
- To check and update the department’s inventory, on an annual basis.
- To undertake routine safety checks as prescribed and maintain a safe environment.
- General clerical duties concerned with keeping textbooks and coursework (as required) in good condition.
- Responsibility for Health and safety within IENG engineering department, writing risk assessments for experiments and demonstrations, informing staff about potential risks when necessary. Ensuring H&S records are accurately maintained and up to date.
- To attend relevant courses concerning the work of technicians and to keep up to date on Health and Safety matters.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (industrial engineering preferred )
- Minimum two years of experience in a relevant position.
- Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Can work with basic hardware tools, and power tools
- Organization skills, taking pride and ownership in the workspace to keep it tidy and safe.
- Knowledge of Administrative tasks & Data management procedures
- Excellent Communication skills verbal and written
- Attention to detail, readiness to solve problems in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize work, Prompt action, excellent planning skills, work & time management.
- Mother tongue Arabic
- Very good command of written and spoken English Language
- Very good command of MS. Office Applications, especially Word & Excel.