Information Systems Security Officer
- Identifying vulnerabilities in the NU network.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure our computing network.
- Monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies.
- Keeping up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
- Performing penetration tests to find any flaws.
- Collaborating with management and the IT department to improve security.
- Documenting and assessing the impact of any security breaches.
- Educating colleagues about security software and best practices for information security.
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in the field of cybersecurity (e.g., Security Design & Code-review, Information Security Architect, Penetration Testing).
- Infrastructure security experience (Networking/OS/Database) in public clouds.
- Experience with information security standards and regulations.
- Relevant certifications in the domain (CEH, CISM, CISSP, etc.).
- Candidates must be highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs, requirements, and other issues. Aside from technical skills, prospective candidates should have excellent communication, teamwork, leadership, and conflict management skills. Because of the constant developing nature of information systems and cyber-attacks, officers must be committed to continuous learning and system development.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.