Associate Professor in BioMedical Informatics Program
The school of Information Technology and Computer Science (ITCS) is looking to hire motivated candidates in the fields of Bioinformatics and Medical Informatics to fill the position at Associate Professor Level as per the following job description & requirements,
- Actively engaged in bioinformatics research
- Fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research at NU.
- Seek external funds through grant submission and supervise funded projects
- Participate in teaching activities in undergraduate and postgraduate biomedical informatics courses.
- Mentoring of students at undergraduate/graduate levels
- Supervise B.Sc. graduation projects and supervise M.Sc. thesis.
- Participating in the school administration and services efforts.
- PhD in bioinformatics, medical informatics, bio-engineering sciences, or relevant fields
- A Strong postdoctoral research experience in fields/subareas of bioinformatics or medical informatics.
- Have distinguished track record of research and publications in top-tier venues, indicated through h-index.
- Participating in distinguished international conferences
- Previous experience in grants and projects submission is a plus
- Having patents is a plus.