[AIP] Academic-Industry Partnership towards Development of Trainers and Educators For Technicians in Egypt
- University of Oviedo – UNIOVI (Spain)
- South Westphalia University – SWU (Germany)
- Politecnico Di Torino – POLITO (Italy)
- FESTO Didactic GmBH & Co. KG – FESTO (Germany)
- Ain Shams University (ASU)
- Aswan University (ASWU)
- Nile University (NU)
- Arab Academy for Science and Technology (AAST)
- Industrial Training Council (ITC)
- Helwan University (AU)
- Education Development Fund (EDF)
- General Syndicate for Industrial Investors (GSII)
- Bavarian Auto Manufacturing Company (BAMC)
- Procter & Gamble Co. Egypt (P&G)
Scope of Work
This project aims at creating a solid academia-industry integrated diploma for the development and training of technical teachers in Egypt targeting most needed areas, namely mechanical, industrial, electrical and mechatronics to produce a new generation of teachers equipped with international standard and industry-oriented technical knowledge, who shall be capable to fulfill Egypt’s imminent need of qualified technicians.
The project aims at developing a diploma accredited by EG and EU accreditation bodies. The diploma lasts for nine months, six of which are covered at the participating universities and the remaining three months shall be covered by practical courses at industry.
The industrial training occupies 1/3 of the diploma and represent a distinct criterion for its success. Teachers will be trained to the skills they are asked to transfer to their students moreover, they are exposed to the industrial environment which they should prepare the students for the project team is communicating with Egyptian industrial centers especially through GSII to make agreements with potential facilities an define the outlines of the training program.
EU and EG Accreditation
The project team will work on accrediting the developed diploma by EG and EU bodies.
The EG accreditation will be achieved by approving the diploma from the universities offering the diploma and more importantly by the Supreme Council of Universities which has been contacted and is endorsing the activities of the project.
- FESTO world’s leader in technical education ad global manufacturer of industrial high end equipment. The 6 month academic part shall be split in both theoretical (1/4) and practical training (3/4) using FESTO authorized and certified training centers, which shall be a key ingredient in the success of the project due to the high quality standard of this global chain of German training centers.
- AHK which is the Worldwide Network of German Chambers of commerce. The AHKs are the most important partners in other countries. Together with the Germany’s missions abroad of the Federal German Ministry for Economics ND Technology in terms of promotion of German business in other countries. Together with Germany’s missions abroad the AHKs officially represent the interests of Germany’s industry and commerce in respect of political and administration authorities in their host countries.