NU Bachelor’s degrees ensure that students have the knowledge and skills to continue pursuing career and learning opportunities through their life. Proceeding from this task we have made a road show for undergraduates from freshmen to seniors to start their research early; With the variety in our research centers we enable the students to enter the interdisciplinary area that connects the academics with the market applications and needs. With the supervision of Nile university staff, a very organized research project plan was made to help students explore the re-look usage over the learning.
The Under Graduate Research Forum (UGRF) started by one course “Application on Differential Equation (MATH-203)” in Fall 2015 where students were encouraged by Dr. Ahmed Radwan to do research in a scientific way. The UGRF event is held every semester with remarkable increase in number of courses and projects. By the 5th UGRF Fall 2017 the number of courses becomes 19 with 200+ projects and more than 500 students who have learned by experience the fundamentals of scientific research. As an outcome of the UGRF, 7 undergraduate students now have research profiles in Scopus after publishing 2 international conference papers and a book chapter; we are looking forward for more.
UGRF in numbers
As a result of the 3rd UGRF, two papers were accepted in the European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design, Catania, September 4-6, 2017
- Fractional-Order Model for the AIDS Epidemiological Dynamics
- Fractional- order Model for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
1 – Project Compiling
- Teams of x students select team name & logo.
- Project proposal or selection from a set of projects.
- Team leaders set projects priority.
2 – Teams & Selection
- Projects with no conflicts are set to their teams.
- Projects chosen by multible teams are distributed by lot.
- Teams ran of the choices have 2 days to select one.
3 – Project Execution
- First draft of scientific report and poster project summary of search & literature survey .
- Validations, conclusion and references should be added to the report.
- Refinements from feedback result in 2nd draft versions.
4 – Project Execution
- Projects plagiarism check.
- Final evaluation is followed by 4 pages IEEE format.
- Oral presentation & 2 pages summary are required.
- Team leaders submit the required documents before deadlines.
5 – Presentation
- The selected teams have 7 mins each to present their projects.
6 – Report & Poster session
In the poster session each team should have the following:
- Creative poster.
- Report has literature survey, snapshots of the team while working…)
- All members attend this session for oral discussion and evaluation.
- Jury committee Evaluation based on many criteria.
7 – Project Scoring
- Professors evaluation of their teams is added to the judges’ evaluations the result is arranged and the highest teams are awarded.back result in 2nd draft versions.