NU Postgraduate scholarship for Master of Science in Communication and Information Technology (CIT) in honor of “Mohamed Samy” covering the full duration of study.
Mohamed Samy passed away in May 2018, he was one of our outstanding Research Assistants in the Center of Informatics Science. NU is offering one scholarship annually in honor of his memory and dedication to research at NU.
The scholarship is offered in one of the following programs: Informatics, Information Security, Software engineering and Wireless technologies
- Graduated with strong academic performance.
- Satisfying admission requirements for the Supreme Council of Universities and Nile University, including English language proficiency.
- Willingness to participate in many activities in NU related to teaching, research and admission.
- Demonstrate a strong record of extra-curricular activities, research, innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship abilities and participation in philanthropic activities
- Send an email to Scholarship Office with CV and graduation certificate, explaining why you are interested to join this scholarship
- Short-listed candidates fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria will be invited to an interview with CIT selection committee to determine the final selection.
- Interviewed applicants are selected according to their scores on the following measures with different weights for each factor:
- University graduated from
- Scientific excellence
- Additional assignments
- Interview (Posture, attitude, commitment to the scholarship, etc…)
- The final selected candidate will be asked to fill NU online application, pay admission fees and go through normal admission procedure at Nile University.
- Failure to meet all deadlines required by NU to submit your application, required credentials and documents will result in cancelling the offered scholarship.
Deadline for Application 1/8/2018
Please note the following:
- Students must make satisfactory academic progress toward completion of their degree requirements. A scholarship recipient is required to achieve and maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the course of study. Consequence of failure to maintain the required GPA is the placement of the student under probation period during which the student must work on raising their GPA or otherwise lose their placement on the scholarship program.
- The scholarship program is designed to help students complete their degree requirements within a limited period (2-3 years) and is generally not available beyond that point.
- Maintaining an acceptable level of attendance in all classes and receive no disciplinary warnings is a must.