Assistant Professor ,
School of Communications and Information Technology
• PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering , University of Maryland, College Park, 2000.
• MSc in Electronics & Communications Engineering , Cairo University, 1996.
• BSc in Electronics & Communications, Cairo University, 1993.
• Wireless Networking.
• Cross-layer Design and Optimization.
• Multiple Access.
• Sensor Networks.
• Vehicular Networks.
• Advanced Networks.
• Logic Design.
• Electronic Circuits.
HONORS & AWARDS
• Listed in Strathmore’s Who’s Who 2007-2008 and Cambridge Who’s Who 2009-2010.
• Research cited by general media, e.g. EE Times and Information Week, 2006.
• Achievement Award, HRL Laboratories, 2002, 2004.
• Six Issued patents and 4 pending applications.
SOCIETIES & MEMBERSHIPS
• Senior Member, IEEE.
• Nile University, Assistant professor, Fall 2009 - present.
• Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center (ATC), Sunnyvale, CA, Senior Research Scientist, Jan. 2008 – Jul. 2009.
• San Diego Research Center, Senior Research Staff Member, Aug. 2006 – Jan 2008.
• HRL Laboratories, LLC, Malibu, CA, Research Scientist, Sept. 2000 – Aug. 2006.
• University of Maryland, College Park, MD, Research Assistant, Aug. 1996 – Aug. 2000.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
1. T. ElBatt and T. Andersen, “A Cross-layer Framework for Multiple Access and Routing Design in Wireless Multi-hop Networks,” Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, Jan. 2010.
2. T. ElBatt, “On the Trade-offs of Cooperative Data Compression in Wireless Sensor Networks with Spatial Correlations,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 5, May 2009.
3. T. ElBatt, “Cross-layer Diversity and Scheduling Optimization for Interference-limited MIMO Ad hoc Networks,” IEEE Globecom, Dec. 2008.
4. P. Bose, A. Zimdars, A. Carrier, J. Pandya, M. Quilling, V. Slavin, T. ElBatt, “Network Utility Maximization-based Mobile Ad hoc Networking: A Reality Check,” IEEE MILCOM, Nov. 2008.
5. T. ElBatt, S. Goel, G. Holland, H. Krishnan, J. Parikh, “Cooperative Collision Warning Using Dedicated Short Range Wireless Communications,” ACM VANET Workshop, Sept. 2006.
6. T. ElBatt and A. Ephremides, “Joint Scheduling and Power Control for Wireless Ad hoc Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 3, no. 1, Jan. 2004.