Construction Engineering & Management
- Ph.D. in Construction Engineering & Management , University of Toronto , 2007.
- MS in Civil Engineering, Cairo University , 2003.
- BS in Civil Engineering, Cairo University , 2000.
- Infrastructure Asset Management.
- Knowledge Management in Construction.
- Construction Process Modeling.
- Sustainable Infrastructure Systems.
- Nile University
CEM-633: Asset Management of Urban Infrastructure.
CEM-663: Decision Support Systems for Sustainable Infrastructure.
CEM-664: Infrastructure Rehabilitation.
- Cairo University
STR-224: Construction Project Management.
STR-325: Construction Equipment.
STR-424: Construction Methods.
CVE-201: Management of Construction Projects.
STR -342: Project Planning & Control.
STR 556: Advanced Topics in Construction.
- Assistant Professor, Construction Management Division, Faculty of Engineering, Nile University & Cairo University (August 2008 - Present).
- Infrastructure Asset Management Specialist, AECOM, Toronto, CANADA (December 2006 – August 2008).
- Research Assistant, Center for Information Systems in Infrastructure and Construction, University of Toronto, CANADA (September 2003 – January 2007).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2005-2007).
- National Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada Industrial Postgraduate Scholarship (2004-2005).
- Best Paper Presentation on Day-3 of the ASCE Construction Research Congress, 2005.
- University of Toronto Open Fellowship, 2003.
- Egyptian Engineers Syndicate Award, Cairo University, 2000.
SOCIETIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Transportation Research Board.
- Canadian Society of Civil Engineering.
- Member Transportation Research Board – Utilities Committee AFB70.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
1. Osman, H. and Bainbridge K. (2010) "Comparison of statistical deterioration models for water distribution networks". ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities (in press).
2. Osman, H. and El-Diraby, T. (2010) "Knowledge-Enabled Decision Support System for Routing of Urban Utilities” ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering & Management (in press).
3. Atef, A., Osman, H. and Moselhi, O. (2010) “Towards optimum condition assessment policies for sewer and water networks” ASCE Construction Research Congress. Banff, Canada.
4. Atef, D., Osman H., Ibrahim, M, and Nassar K. (2010) “A simulation-based planning system for wind turbine construction” Proceedings of the IEEE Winter Simulation Conference.
5. Nasser, K., El-Massry, M. and Osman H. (2010) “Simulating the Effect of Access Road Route Selection on Wind Farm Construction” Proceedings of the IEEE Winter Simulation Conference.
6. El-Diraby, T. and Osman, H. (2009) "Ontologies for linking CAD and GIS". Chapter 10 In Karimi, H., and Akinci, B. "CAD/GIS Integration: Existing and Emerging Solutions". Taylor & Francis, New York.
7. Osman, H. (2008) An Integrated Approach for Managing Critical Water Mains” ASCE Pipelines Conference. Atlanta.
8. Osman, H. and El-Diraby T. (2007) "Implementation of subsurface utility engineering in Ontario: cases and a cost model". Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering 34(12) pp 1529-1541.
9. Cariaga, I., El-Diraby, T.E., and Osman, H. (2007) “Integrating value analysis and Quality Function Deployment for evaluating design alternatives”. ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering & Management. 133(10) pp 761-770.
10. Osman, H., El-Gohary, N. and El-Diraby, T.E. (2007) “Integrating value engineering and context sensitive solutions: The Case of St. Clair Ave. West Transit Improvements Project” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. No 2025, TRB, National Research Council, Washington D.C. pp 81-89.
11. Osman, H. and El-Diraby, T.E. (2006) “Modeling of Infrastructure Products and Related Concepts” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. No 1984, TRB, National Research Council, Washington D.C. pp 159-167.
12. El-Gohary, N., Osman, H. and El-Diraby, T. E. (2006) "Stakeholder management for Public Private Partnership", International Journal of Project Management 24(7) pp. 594-604.
13. Osman, H. (2005) “Risk-based life cycle cost analysis for privatized infrastructure”. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. No 1924, TRB, National Research Council, Washington D.C. pp 192-196.
14. Osman, H, Georgy, M, and Ibrahim, M. (2003) “A hybrid CAD-based construction site layout planning system using genetic algorithms ” Automation in Construction, 12 (6), 749-764.
- Journal Reviewer, ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Automation in Construction, ASCE Journal of Pipeline Systems Engineering and Practice, ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Transportation Research Record.
- Workshop Coordinator, CIB W78 workshop on Integrated IT to support sustainable construction, University of Toronto, May 7-8 2004.
- Project Lead, Developed requirements for and managed the logistics of the Sustainable Asset Management student competition to be administered by the Canadian Society of Civil Engineering and sponsored by UMA | AECOM.