School of Communications and Information Technology, Wireless networks Center.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 2006.
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt, 2002.
- B.Sc. in Communications and Electro physics, Alexandria University, Egypt, 1999.
- Statistical signal processing.
- Parameter estimation and detection.
- Robust adaptive beamforming.
- Cooperative relaying for wireless communication systems.
- Cognitive networks.
- Fall 2008: Alexandria University
Solid state electronics (EE 233) and Digital signal processing (CS 332).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Research fellowship, McMaster University, Canada Sept. 2002 – Nov. 2006.
- Research fellowship, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany May 2003 – Aug. 2003.
- Outstanding graduate award, Engineering syndicate, Egypt July 1999.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
1. M. Rübsamen, A. El-Keyi, A. B. Gershman, and T. Kirubarajan, “Robust broadband adaptive beamforming using convex optimization,” Chapter 9 in Convex Optimization in Signal Processing and Communications, ISBN-13: 9780521762229, D. Palomar and Y. Eldar, Editors, Cambridge University Press, to be published in October 2009.
2. A. El-Keyi and B. Champagne, “Collaborative uplink transmit beamforming with robustness against channel estimation errors,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular technology, vol. 58, pp. 126–139, January 2009.
3. A. El-Keyi and T. Kirubarajan, “Adaptive beamspace focusing for direction of arrival estimation of wideband signals,” Signal Processing, vol. 88, pp. 2063–2077, August 2008.
4. A. El-Keyi, T. Kirubarajan, and A. B. Gershman, “A state-space approach to robust multiuser detection,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 6, pp. 3333–3343, September 2007.
5. A. El-Keyi, T. Kirubarajan, and A. B. Gershman, “Robust adaptive beamforming based on the Kalman filter,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 53, pp. 3032–3041, August 2005.
6. A. El-Keyi and B. Champagne, “Adaptive training-based collaborative MIMO beamforming for multiuser relay networks,” in Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Barcelona, Spain, April 2009.
7. A. El-Keyi and B. Champagne, “Cooperative MIMO-beamforming for multiuser relay networks,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, (ICASSP’08), Las Vegas, NV, March 2008.