Housing & Development Bank (HDB) Scholarship
Housing & Development Bank is offering a full scholarship to students applying for Civil Engineering at NU covering the full duration of study.
- Graduated this year with a High School degree of Thanaweya Amma, STEM or Nile Schools with strong academic performance.
- Satisfying admission requirements for the Supreme Council of Universities and Nile University, including English language proficiency.
- Demonstrate a strong record of extra-curricular activities, research, innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship abilities and participation in philanthropic activities
- If eligible, students are required to complete the application with all the required supporting documents
- Short-listed candidates fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria will be invited to an interview to determine the final selection.
Interviewed applicants are selected according to their scores on the following measures with different weights for each factor:
- Financial Need
- High School Score (different weights are attributed according to the type pf high school certificate)
- Extra Achievements or awards
- Interview (Posture, attitude, commitment to the scholarship, etc…)
Please note the following:
- Students must make satisfactory academic progress toward completion of their degree requirements. A scholarship recipient is required to achieve and maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the course of study. Consequence of failure to maintain the required GPA is the placement of the student under probation period during which the student must work on raising their GPA or otherwise lose their placement on the scholarship program.
- The scholarship program is designed to help students complete their degree requirements within a limited period and is generally not available beyond that point.
- Maintaining an acceptable level of attendance in all classes and receive no disciplinary warnings is a must.
- Financial need is a must for the Scholarship. This should be clearly stated, proven and supported by the student’s application. Final decision in this regard will be taken by El Sewedy Electric committee.