Egyptian Refining Company (ERC) Scholarship
Egyptian Refining Company (ERC), one of the biggest investment projects in Egypt. It is a mega national project a successful model for partnership between the government through Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) and the privet sector. The USD 4 billion state-of-the-art facility was designed to produce top quality petroleum products while leading the modernization of Egypt’s oil and gas sector and boosting the nation’s energy security. ERC is offering “Mostakbaly” a full scholarship directed to students from areas of El Matariya, El Khosos and East Shoubra El Kheima applying for Engineering at NU covering the full duration of study
- Graduated this year with a High School degree of Thanaweya Amma from public school, with strong academic performance.
- Residents of El Matariya, El Khosos and East Shoubra El Kheima
- Satisfying admission requirements for the Supreme Council of Universities and Nile University, including English language proficiency.
- Demonstrate a strong record of extra-curricular activities, research, innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship abilities and participation in philanthropic activities
- If eligible, students are required to complete the application with all the required supporting documents
- Short-listed candidates fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria will be invited to an interview to determine the final selection.
Interviewed applicants are selected according to their scores on the following measures with different weights for each factor:
- Financial Need
- High School Score (different weights are attributed according to the type pf high school certificate)
- Extra Achievements or awards
- Interview (Posture, attitude, commitment to the scholarship, etc…)
Please note the following:
- Students must make satisfactory academic progress toward completion of their degree requirements. A scholarship recipient is required to achieve and maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the course of study. Consequence of failure to maintain the required GPA is the placement of the student under probation period during which the student must work on raising their GPA or otherwise lose their placement on the scholarship program.
- The scholarship program is designed to help students complete their degree requirements within a limited period and is generally not available beyond that point.
- The Scholarship offers student a monthly allowance (for the period of 8 months) to cover transportation and education expenses.
- Maintaining an acceptable level of attendance in all classes and receive no disciplinary warnings is a must.
- Proof of residence in the areas of El Matariya, El Khosos and East Shoubra El Kheima is a must to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Financial need is a must for the Scholarship. This should be clearly stated, proven and supported by the student’s application. Final decision in this regard will be taken by ERC committee.